KILL DEVIL HILLS - A Dare County condominium, with several people inside, erupted in flames, destroying the building
According to "The Outer Banks Voice", the fire started about 6:45 p.m. Thursday, at the Seven Cs oceanfront condominium complex, near East Landing Drive and Virginia Dare Trail in Kill Devil Hills, north of Nags Head. The condo, which was being renovated, collapsed within 30 minutes of the fire, the website reported.
According to The Outer Banks Voice, three people were inside the building when the fire started. But they made it out safely. Five fire departments and the U.S. Forestry Service responded to the scene. Officials estimated it could take 12 hours to put out the fire.
There was no word on what caused the blaze
- Updated Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race