RALEIGH - Nearly 300 Marines returning from Afghanistan Wednesday night were delayed from getting to their final destination.
Two separate military transports flew into the Raleigh-Durham International Airport Wednesday night at about 9 p.m., according to WTVD.
The troops were supposed to be headed to home base at M.C.A.S. Cherry Point, but were rerouted because of the weather.
Buses took the Marines to five area hotels for the night. The USO and other local companies also provided food and drinks for the troops.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Court declines to hear appeal on Wisconsin voter ID law before election
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of two nuns in Mississippi
- Two kayakers bound for Scotland, looking to make history
- Associated Press botches Hillary Clinton report and response