RALEIGH - Nearly 300 Marines returning from Afghanistan Wednesday night were delayed from getting to their final destination.
Two separate military transports flew into the Raleigh-Durham International Airport Wednesday night at about 9 p.m., according to WTVD.
The troops were supposed to be headed to home base at M.C.A.S. Cherry Point, but were rerouted because of the weather.
Buses took the Marines to five area hotels for the night. The USO and other local companies also provided food and drinks for the troops.
- Updated Reports: Leaders of Oregon standoff acquitted
- Updated LAPD: Suspect in custody over Donald Trump's Hollywood star vandalism
- Trump: 'We should just cancel the election' and declare me the winner
- Kids get swine flu from pigs at state fairs, CDC reports
- Wildlife sanctuary searches for owl lost duirng Hurricane Matthew