RALEIGH - Nearly 300 Marines returning from Afghanistan Wednesday night were delayed from getting to their final destination.
Two separate military transports flew into the Raleigh-Durham International Airport Wednesday night at about 9 p.m., according to WTVD.
The troops were supposed to be headed to home base at M.C.A.S. Cherry Point, but were rerouted because of the weather.
Buses took the Marines to five area hotels for the night. The USO and other local companies also provided food and drinks for the troops.
- Updated One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating