JACKSONVILLE - LCpl. Marcus Hunt is charged with an open count of murder in connection with the shooting death of 21-year-old Randall Buford, a Camp Lejeune Marine. During his first appearance back in December, a judge denied bail.
On Friday, Dec. 14, at about 9:45 p.m., Jacksonville Police responded to a call at Liberty Crossing Apartments, off Carmen Avenue. While officers were on their way to the scene, dispatch reported that shots were fired at the apartment complex.
Upon arrival, Buford was found dead with what looked like a gun shot wound to the head, investigators said.
- New BREAKING NEWS: Man stabbed by girlfriend in New Bern
- Updated Blast near Bogota bullring injures 31, many of them police, reports say
- Updated Limbaugh on the news media: 'They're enemies of Trump'
- State high school basketball playoff pairings released
- Police search for suspect in deaths of Indiana teens who vanished on hike