JACKSONVILLE - LCpl. Marcus Hunt is charged with an open count of murder in connection with the shooting death of 21-year-old Randall Buford, a Camp Lejeune Marine. During his first appearance back in December, a judge denied bail.
On Friday, Dec. 14, at about 9:45 p.m., Jacksonville Police responded to a call at Liberty Crossing Apartments, off Carmen Avenue. While officers were on their way to the scene, dispatch reported that shots were fired at the apartment complex.
Upon arrival, Buford was found dead with what looked like a gun shot wound to the head, investigators said.
- New Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte