JACKSONVILLE - A Camp Lejeune marine pleaded guilty to seeking a bribe while he was deployed to Iraq Tuesday.
Gunnery Sergeant 36-year-old Julio Arreola's job was to supervise construction projects.
Prosecutors said he asked for bribes, including one from a construction company, with a scheme of inflating purchase prices for construction materials.
A federal grand jury indicted Arreola in late July.
Arreola faces up to 15 years in prison. He is scheduled to be sentenced in May.
- New Rousseff's impeachment trial opens in Brazil
- Updated Navy surprises ailing WWII veteran at his home
- Updated Here's what happened to AIDS drug that spiked 5,000%
- Accused Pitt Co. murder suspect officially charged with murder of three children
- Greenville Fire & Rescue classifies overnight fire as intentional