JACKSONVILLE - A Camp Lejeune marine pleaded guilty to seeking a bribe while he was deployed to Iraq Tuesday.
Gunnery Sergeant 36-year-old Julio Arreola's job was to supervise construction projects.
Prosecutors said he asked for bribes, including one from a construction company, with a scheme of inflating purchase prices for construction materials.
A federal grand jury indicted Arreola in late July.
Arreola faces up to 15 years in prison. He is scheduled to be sentenced in May.
- New Tornado warnings issued for Duplin, Tyrrell, Dare counties.
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Seven Springs man dies after fight with detention officers