CAMP LEJEUNE, ONSLOW COUNTY - Camp Lejeune announces that Lance Cpl. Chesty XIV, the official bulldog mascot of the Marine Corps, will be promoted.
LCpl. Chesty XIV will be promoted to corporal on Friday at a ceremony that will coincide with the weekly evening parade at Marine Barracks Washington, Camp Lejeune said on its Facebook page.
Chesty XIV, an English bulldog, became the Marine Corps mascot on Aug,. 28, 2013, when Sgt. Chesty XIII stepped down after a five-year career.
The Marine Corps has been using mascots since the 1920s, the Marine Corps Times reported. The position has been held by bulldogs named Chesty since 1957, in honor of Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller.
(Photo Credit: Camp Lejeune's Facebook page).
- Election law doesn't care if Trump (or Clinton) ever concede
- Obama admits to laughing at Trump during debates
- How the GOP's first female presidential campaign manager manages Donald Trump
- Trump campaign launches nightly 'newscast' on Facebook
- More than 20 killed in attack on Pakistani police academy