Marine allegedly coerced into sex act explains why he didn't leave

Police: Man lures Marine to home to perform sex acts

JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A Marine who was allegedly lured into a Jacksonville home via social media and coerced to perform a sex act is giving his take on what happened.

NewsChannel 12 spoke with the young Camp Lejeune Marine, whose identity will not be released due to the nature of the alleged crime. The Marine said he is not the first victim of the suspect, 24-year-old Patrick Francois Georges, who has been charged with extortion and crime against nature.

"He was an expert at this. This wasn't his first rodeo," the Marine said.

According to warrants from the Jacksonville Police Department, the investigation began when the Marine told officers Wednesday that he had met a person he thought was a female on the social networking site, The Marine said he agreed to meet this person at a home on King Street in Jacksonville.

The Marine said once he arrived at the home Tuesday night, he got a text message telling him to go inside.

"She texted me. She was like, 'Oh, wait on the porch for a second while I put my daughter to bed.' So I was like, 'Alright.' I texted her back. I was like, 'Can I come in yet? It's freezing.' Because it was really cold at the time.' Then, she was like, 'Just come in, sit on the couch,'" the Marine told NewsChannel 12.

After the Marine entered, there was no woman. Instead, Georges approached him and accused him of breaking into the residence, according to the warrants.

Georges claimed the Marine broke into the home because the front door was locked, and a back-and-forth argument between him and the Marine lasted for about an hour, the warrants stated. The Marine told Georges he did did not break in, and even showed Georges the messages that he exchanged with the supposed female he met online, the warrants continued.

"I was like, 'Look, it's a whole big misunderstanding. Can I go? You don't have to call the cops or anything. I didn't come over meaning any harm. So just kind of let me go, you know?' And he was like, 'No, you just broke into my house,'" the Marine told NewsChannel 12.

The Marine said Georges then threatened to call police if the Marine didn't agree to perform a sex act, the warrants stated. The Marine told investigators he eventually complied in fear that Georges would call authorities to report the supposed break-in.

The Marine explained why he didn't just walk out of the home.

"Especially if I did flee the scene, [the police would believe him]. It's like, only a criminal would flee the scene," said the Marine.

The Marine told NewsChannel 12 he left the home after performing the sex act and got into a cab.

"My cab driver told me that he had seen multiple Marines come into contact with this guy and have the same situation," the Marine said.

The Marine explained that was what made him decide to go to police, to prevent another person from becoming a victim.

Investigators said they executed a search warrant at George's home and found enough evidence to arrest him Wednesday. He was charged with extortion and crime against nature, and has since bonded out of the Onslow County Detention Center.

NewsChannel 12 attempted to reach the suspect at his residence, but he was not home. He lives with his grandparents, who said the accusations are false.

After this story aired, a second Camp Lejeune Marine came forward and told NewsChannel 12 he was also a victim. CLICK HERE to read what he had to say.

Most Popular