MANTEO - (AP) - The state driver license office in Manteo will be closed for several days while it gets a facelift.
The state Division of Motor Vehicles says the office will close for parts of five business days beginning at 2 p.m. Wednesday. It's scheduled to reopen at noon Monday.
Workers must disconnect and move all equipment so they can install new floors and complete painting at the office, where people can take sign, written and road tests to qualify for a North Carolina driver's license.
Area offices that will be open are in Elizabeth City and Washington.
- Updated Clinton blasts Trump attacks on foundation
- New waterfront park and boat access is symbol of recovery, dedication planned Saturday
- Zip line fall leaves Delaware woman dead
- Crews battle fire in unoccupied Greenville apartment
- Updated Clinton: Trump leading 'hate movement'; Trump: Clinton a 'bigot'