MANTEO - (AP) - The state driver license office in Manteo will be closed for several days while it gets a facelift.
The state Division of Motor Vehicles says the office will close for parts of five business days beginning at 2 p.m. Wednesday. It's scheduled to reopen at noon Monday.
Workers must disconnect and move all equipment so they can install new floors and complete painting at the office, where people can take sign, written and road tests to qualify for a North Carolina driver's license.
Area offices that will be open are in Elizabeth City and Washington.
- Updated Kerry in leaked audio: "I lost the argument" for use of force in Syria
- Updated Hurricane Matthew roars toward Jamaica as Category 5
- Bees placed on endangered species list -- a first in the US
- Trump on Clinton: 'I can be nastier than she ever can be'
- Illinois to yank billions from Wells Fargo amid scandal