GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A man who pleaded guilty to strangling a puppy to death is facing robbery and other charges.
Greenville Police said they arrested 22-year-old Demetrius Crumble on Sunday. The suspect was being held under a $103,500 bond on charges of common law robbery, resisting a public officer, and a probation violation.
Crumble had previously pleaded guilty to strangling a puppy in February 2013. According to investigators, the incident happened on Carolyn Street, south of Greenville off Highway 43.
Neighbors said they saw three men strangling the white pit bull terrier mix with a telephone cord. Authorties later found the dog dead in a ditch.
In addition to Crumble, Evan Harrington and Kendrick Fitchet were charged with felony cruelty to animals.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday