GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Greenville Police have charged a man shot by police during a confrontation in Wilson County.
According to investigators, 26-year-old Ryan Arcenio Borunda was arrested at 2100 Stantonsburg Road at about 3 p.m. Monday. He has been charged with three felony counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill.
Officers of the Wilson Police Department responded to a 911 call from the 1800 block of Rand Road on Aug. 15. Investigators said when they arrived at the scene, they were confronted by Borunda wielding a knife.
Officer Donald Lucas then shot Borunda, police said. The suspect was taken to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.
The SBI was reviewing the case. No other details were released.
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend