HENDERSON, N.C. - A North Carolina man who hogtied and sexually assaulted two women inside a northern New Jersey apartment and also tried to murder his nephew there has been sentenced to 60 years in prison.
Anthony Massenburg, a former East Orange resident, must serve 85 percent of the sentence imposed Wednesday before becoming eligible for parole. He was convicted in December on 14 counts, including attempted murder, aggravated assault and sexual assault.
The 41-year-old Henderson, N.C., resident and three accomplices broke into his nephew's Irvington apartment in January 2010. He wasn't there, but the nephew's girlfriend and another woman were and they were tortured until the girlfriend agreed to call the nephew.
The nephew returned and was hit on the head with a hammer, but he and the women managed to escape.
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated FSU football player wins hearts sharing lunch
- Updated Camp Lejeune reports death of Marine in Beulaville
- Updated NFL clears three more players in PEDs investigation
- Updated Kratom to join heroin, LSD on Schedule I drug list