HENDERSON, N.C. - A North Carolina man who hogtied and sexually assaulted two women inside a northern New Jersey apartment and also tried to murder his nephew there has been sentenced to 60 years in prison.
Anthony Massenburg, a former East Orange resident, must serve 85 percent of the sentence imposed Wednesday before becoming eligible for parole. He was convicted in December on 14 counts, including attempted murder, aggravated assault and sexual assault.
The 41-year-old Henderson, N.C., resident and three accomplices broke into his nephew's Irvington apartment in January 2010. He wasn't there, but the nephew's girlfriend and another woman were and they were tortured until the girlfriend agreed to call the nephew.
The nephew returned and was hit on the head with a hammer, but he and the women managed to escape.
- Clinton, Trump hours away from historic debate battle
- Updated Reid signals possible solution to funding stalemate
- Updated Stein escorted off Hofstra University campus
- Bridgegate: Port Authority officials planned to make Fort Lee 'traffic jam as bad as possible'
- Updated Miami Marlins to honor star pitcher Jose Fernandez