GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - An investigation was underway Wednesday after officials say a fire is started during a domestic dispute.
Officials say crews were called to a fire on Clark St. at about 3 a.m. Wednesday. The fire was out before they arrived on scene.
Michael O'Neal, the man living in the home, told NewsChannel 12 that he and a woman had been in an argument prior to the fire.
"She came over here, got in an argument, she was drinking and set my house on fire," said O'Neal.
O'Neal says the woman who he had argued with has family living next door, in the same building.
"She really could have killed us and her own parents," he said. "Her grandmother, her aunt, her daddy, me, my kids, you feel me? For what?"
The police department has stepped in to investigate how the fire started. The house has moderate damage on the outside, but nothing structural.
At last check, police had not made any arrests in connection to the fire.
- Updated Suicide attacks kill dozens in Syrian city of Homs
- Updated Pence pledges to 'keep our end of the bargain' with top Jewish supporters
- Witness recalls moments before, after Olathe shooting
- Teen wants to be guardian of sister after both parents die
- Prosecutors question NYC mayor in federal probe