CARTERET COUNTY - A Jacksonville man has pleaded guilty to stabbing another man outside a bar in Carteret County, critically injuring the victim.
William Houston, 36, pleaded guilty to assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, and was sentenced to between 23 months and 40 months in prison.
The Carteret County Sheriff's Office said Houston stabbed 21-year-old Steven Copley outside Cedar Point Tavern at 1121 Cedar Point Blvd. It happened on Dec. 1, 2013.
Investigators said Houston stabbed Copley after an argument involving the victim's girlfriend. Copley suffered eight stab wounds and was in critical condition, said deputies.
Meanwhile, Houston's mother is awaiting trial for allegedly throwing the knife onto the tavern roof, investigators said.
- Updated 4 reasons why Venezuela became the world's worst economy
- Updated Mercedes-Benz unveils first pickup truck
- Updated Women now drink nearly as much alcohol as men, study finds
- Updated Eight more local counties among 13 additional to receive Disaster Food Assistance
- One of two workers to die in Boston trench collapse from New Bern