CARTERET COUNTY - A Jacksonville man has pleaded guilty to stabbing another man outside a bar in Carteret County, critically injuring the victim.
William Houston, 36, pleaded guilty to assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, and was sentenced to between 23 months and 40 months in prison.
The Carteret County Sheriff's Office said Houston stabbed 21-year-old Steven Copley outside Cedar Point Tavern at 1121 Cedar Point Blvd. It happened on Dec. 1, 2013.
Investigators said Houston stabbed Copley after an argument involving the victim's girlfriend. Copley suffered eight stab wounds and was in critical condition, said deputies.
Meanwhile, Houston's mother is awaiting trial for allegedly throwing the knife onto the tavern roof, investigators said.
- Updated WHO: Americas officially free from measles
- Updated The Fed under attack, but still profitable for taxpayers
- Updated Laundromat with a classroom: Charleston's outreach to underserved kids
- Updated Trooper offers to drive grieving man 100 miles after traffic stop
- Updated Tip-Off tournament moved from Puerto Rico to Florida