JAMES CITY, CRAVEN COUNTY - A moped driver was taken to a hospital after an accident involving a car in Craven County Friday morning.
The wreck happened just after 10 a.m. Friday on Highway 70 near Old Cherry Point Road in James City.
According to the Highway Patrol, the male moped driver was traveling west on Highway 70. But a car driver on Old Cherry Point Road turned onto Highway 70 without giving the moped driver the right of way. The moped driver then crashed into the car that pulled out in front of him, troopers said.
The moped driver suffered non life-threatening injuries and was taken to a hospital, said investigators. The car driver is expected to be charged.
Traffic on Highway 70 was backed up for about 30 minutes after the accident.
- Trump meets with top US manufacturers
- Updated Uber pleads with users deleting the app: 'We're hurting'
- New York Times ad seeks the truth ... during the Oscars
- Updated Lejeune High School senior named Marine Corps Military Child of the Year
- One Republican congressman's plan to deal with town hall disrupters