MARTIN COUNTY - The Highway Patrol says a man was killed after crashing his car into the back of a garbage truck Friday afternoon.
The investigating trooper said the wreck happened at about 2:30 p.m. Friday on U.S. 64, about a mile-and-a-half east of Jamesville in Martin County.
According to the trooper, 51-year-old Ibraham Rizek, of Eagle Chase Lane, was driving his Toyota westbound on U.S. 64 when he crashed into the back of a garbage truck that was doing its duties. Rizek was not wearing a seat belt, the trooper said.
Rizek was taken to Martin General hospital, where he died from his injuries, said the trooper.
- Updated Trent Woods road closing for repairs starting Sept. 6
- Updated Man arrested in Greenville on drug possession charges
- Updated Badges save officers struck by bullets
- New Bern Shrine Club holding donation drive for Louisiana flood victims
- Greenville completes Watershed Masterplan study to address drainage needs