GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police said they are investigating two shootings in Greenville, one of which injured a man.
According to investigators, the first shooting happened at about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday on the 100 block of Kristin Drive. A 22-year-old man was standing in his yard when he was shot in his shoulder, police said. The victim, whose identity had not been released, suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Shots were also fired into a vehicle in the victim's yard, said investigators.
Residents say the neighborhood is used to violence. "It's always something bad. it's always a cop coming here for this, a cop coming here for that, it's just always something," said resident Buyceen Henderson.
Police said the second shooting happened at about midnight Wednesday at 1008 Graves Street. Someone fired several shots into a home at the address, according to investigators.
No injuries were reported, however, a man living in the home said bullets were fired into his grandmother's bedroom.
Police were calling both cases "similar in nature." At last check, no arrest had been made.
Anyone with information on the shootings is asked to call the Greenville Police Department at (252) 329-4315 or Pitt-Greenville CrimeStoppers at (252) 758-7777.
- New Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte
- Manchester attack: Hunt for possible 2nd bomb under way