A man had to be transported to the hospital after a fire at a Craven County home Friday night.
It happened around 8:30 in the 3000 Block of Clearview Dr. Fire officials tell NewsChannel 12 that the man was cooking, and forgot about the food. That's when a grease fire started. They say the home isn't a total loss, but the living room and kitchen were destroyed by the blaze. They say the a couple had been renting the home.
A neighbor says she heard someone screaming for help, and after seeing the flames, she called 911. She says a couple hadn't lived there very long. She claims the victim had burns all over his body, including his face and arms. She adds that fire officials had a difficult time locating a fire hydrant in order to put out the blaze.
The victim was transported to Carolina East Medical Center.
A family member contacted Newschannel 12 and says that Robert Taggert has been released from the hospital.
- Updated Trump's path to 270 runs through ... Maine?
- Updated WikiLeaks-released memo outlines Bill Clinton's lucrative speeches
- Updated Hillary Clinton to hold election night party under real glass ceiling
- Tequila, dance parties and Adele: Hillary Clinton finally lets loose
- Dems sue GOP over Trump's 'rigged' complaints