KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Police are investigating another shooting that injured a man in Kinston Monday, making it the second shooting in the city in less than 24 hours.
The Kinston Department of Public Safety said officers received a call at about 4:35 p.m. Monday of a shooting in the area of Dixon Street and Old Snow Hill Road.
When officers arrived, they saw 19-year-old Dontario Turnage with a gunshot wound to the back, police said. The victim was found in a yard.
Turnage was conscious and alert, said Bill Johnson, director of the Kinston Department of Public Safety. The victim was taken to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville, but his condition has not been released.
It's unclear what led up to the shooting. At last check, no arrest had been made.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Kinston Department of Public Safety's tips line at 252-939-4020 or email email@example.com.
This was the second shooting in Kinston in less than 24 hours.
Police said they went to Lenoir Hospital at about 11:40 p.m. Sunday to talk with a 20-year-old who was shot in the back and right wrist. (CLICK HERE to read more.)
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals