DUPLIN COUNTY - Deputies have charged a couple for allegedly cooking meth in a tent in Duplin County.
Investigators said 23-year-old Zachary Thompson and his girlfriend, 32-year-old Amy Hurff, were arrested Monday night into Tuesday morning. According to deputies, the suspects were found in a tent on Haystack Branch Lane, near Beulaville, cooking methamphetamine in a pot.
Both have been charged with manufacturing meth and possessing precursors of meth. They were each placed in the Duplin County Jail under a $125,000 bond.
- Updated Tornado watch continues for most of Eastern NC
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal