DUPLIN COUNTY - Deputies have charged a couple for allegedly cooking meth in a tent in Duplin County.
Investigators said 23-year-old Zachary Thompson and his girlfriend, 32-year-old Amy Hurff, were arrested Monday night into Tuesday morning. According to deputies, the suspects were found in a tent on Haystack Branch Lane, near Beulaville, cooking methamphetamine in a pot.
Both have been charged with manufacturing meth and possessing precursors of meth. They were each placed in the Duplin County Jail under a $125,000 bond.
- Updated You had one job: Meet the firm behind the Oscars' biggest blunder
- New Jacksonville man accused of hitting teen in face with shovel
- Updated Top 25 roundup: UCF stuns No. 15 Cincinnati
- Updated Creighton's Watson turns himself in to answer sexual assault charge
- Updated Tesla gets downgraded to 'sell' by Goldman Sachs