A Martin County man stepped out of the shower Sunday afternoon, and found that his house was on fire.
Fire crews got the call to the Dorothy Drive home at approximately 5:30 p.m., officials said. "It happened so fast I didn't have time to think," said Danny Brady, the man inside the home.
Brady says he opened the door to his daughter's room. She wasn't home, but her mattress was fully engulfed. Brady grabbed the mattress and brought it outside, burning his hand. He then turned to re-enter the home, but "a ball of fire came out the front door and the trailer wasn't worth me going back in," he said.
The home, northwest of Williamston, is a total loss.
No one was hurt.
Brady says he is grateful for two things. One, that his daughter was not home and two, that he can live with his sister, who is right next door. "You just have to look at it and go on. Can't let something like this stop you. And I won't," said Brady.
Brady says investigators told him the fire started due to electrical issues.