EMERALD ISLE, Carteret County - According to officers, a man is facing charges after a late night chase spanned several counties Thursday evening.
Emerald Isle Police said Ian Marston, 21, of Chesterfield, Virginia, blew through a stop light at Highway 58 and Highway 24 in Swansboro.
Officers pursued Marston for an extended period of time.
When police finally pulled him over, he was charged with impaired driving after being found to have a blood alcohol content of .16.
Marijuana and a gun were also found in the car.
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Havelock man captures careless delivery driver on camera
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school
- Camp Lejeune to enforce stricter base entry procedures