RALEIGH - A Smithfield man faces up to life in prison on federal drug trafficking convictions.
U. S. Attorney Thomas G. Walker says Gregory Devon Obey, 28, of Smithfield was convicted for his role in a drug trafficking conspiracy as well as multiple counts of distributing cocaine and crack cocaine.
A federal jury found Obey guilty in the case, which included crimes dating from March 2011 to June 2012.
Obey admitted that he had obtained more than 55 kilograms of crack cocaine and more than 79 kilograms of powder cocaine from his sources.
- Updated Christopher Suggs takes action against gun violence in Kinston
- Updated Eerily quiet: 38 days of near-silence for stocks
- Updated Chris Brown arrest adds to troubled history
- Updated Predicted rainy forecast forces high schools to move more games
- Updated Poll: Clinton favorability slides to equal Trump