ELIZABETH CITY, PASQUOTANK COUNTY - Police were searching for a man who escaped custody by biting and tasing an officer Wednesday.
Elizabeth City Police said Dinari Lindsay broke free while an officer was adjusting his handcuffs.
They said the officer caught up with Lindsay, but he got the officer's taser and tased him in the forehead.
Police said Lindsay got away in a stolen car.
- Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health