CRAVEN COUNTY - A man was killed in a single-vehicle wreck in Craven County Monday night, the Highway Patrol said.
The accident that killed 53-year-old Devi Koonce Sr., of Cove City, happened at about 10:14 p.m. Monday, troopers said.
Koonce was driving his Chevrolet pickup northbound on Asbury Road, near Old U.S. 70 just east of Cove City, when he went off the road to the left and over-corrected, said investigators.
Koonce then traveled off the road to the right and collided with a ditch and driveway culvert, causing his truck to overturn, according to troopers. Koonce was ejected from the vehicle and died, said investigators.
No other vehicle was involved in the accident.
- Updated Ryan Lochte to endorse crime prevention device
- New Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Updated Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results
- Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens