DUPLIN COUNTY - A father was ejected from his truck and killed in Duplin County.
According to the Highway Patrol, 27-year-old Jary Emmanuel Meza Barahona, of Teachey, died in the wreck on Old Courthouse Road, just west of Warsaw. It happened at about 12:50 p.m. Sunday.
Troopers said Barahona drove his truck off the road at a curve, hit a ditch, and returned onto the road, where the vehicle overturned.
Barahona, who was not wearing a seat belt, was ejected from his truck and died from his injuries, said investigators.
No other vehicle was involved and no other injuries were reported. It's unclear what caused the driver to run off the road.
Barahona is survived by his son, parents, sisters and other siblings. His funeral service is scheduled to be held at 2 p.m. Thursday at Quinn-McGowen Funeral Home in Wallace. Burial will follow at Duplin Memorial Gardens in Teachey.
- Updated U.K. approves crucial third runway at London's Heathrow
- Updated Judge approves Volkswagen's $15B emissions settlement
- Updated NBA: 10 big predictions for the new season
- Updated Drinking two sweetened drinks per day? You could be doubling your risk of diabetes
- Updated Rain expected from Upper Midwest to New England