HUBERT, ONSLOW COUNTY - Deputies said a man was driving with his two children when he fired his gun into another vehicle.
The Onslow County Sheriff's Office said Monday afternoon that 40-year-old Eric Scott Rowe has been charged with discharging a firearm into occupied property and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Rowe, of Newport, was driving his two children, ages 9 and 12, from Wilmington to Carteret County on Feb. 2, investigators said.
But at about 11:30 p.m. that day, while he and his children were on Highway 24 at Highway 172 in Hubert, Rowe fired his gun into another vehicle, the Sheriff's Office stated.
No injuries were reported.
Rowe was arrested on April 7. He was being held under a $75,000 bond.
- Updated Christopher Suggs takes action against gun violence in Kinston
- Updated Eerily quiet: 38 days of near-silence for stocks
- Updated Chris Brown arrest adds to troubled history
- Updated Predicted rainy forecast forces high schools to move more games
- Updated Poll: Clinton favorability slides to equal Trump