A Beaufort County man died Sunday morning when his pick-up truck crashed into a power pole.
Troopers say it happened about 1 a.m.
William Robert Cutler Jr. , 46, was on Hwy. 264 near Pantego when his truck ran off the road and hit the pole.
Cutler, from Pantego, died at the scene.
Troopers say Cutler was not wearing a seatbelt.
Investigators are looking into what caused the crash.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County