WASHINGTON, D.C. - A Marine who fatally stabbed another Marine on at Washington street near the barracks has been convicted of manslaughter.
A Superior Court jury on Monday convicted 22-year-old Michael Poth of Washington in the death of 24-year-old Philip Bushong, a lance corporal based at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
Prosecutors say Poth and Bushong, who did not know each other, got into an argument on April 21, 2012. Authorities say when Bushong pulled back his fist to h it Poth, Poth pulled out a small pocket knife and stabbed Bushong in the chest. Bushing died two days later.
Poth faces a maximum of 60 years in prison at sentencing Feb. 7.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend