NEW BERN - A Columbus County man will spend almost five years in federal prison on convictions of drug and weapons charges.
Jason Antwan Williams, 26, was sentenced in federal court in New Bern last week. He pleaded guilty to possession with intent to distribute marijuana and cocaine, felon in possession of a firearm, and possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number.
Officers with the Cary Police Department arrested Williams on April 5, 2012. His prison sentence will be followed by three years of supervised release.
- Updated Oakland victim's mother: He didn't go there to die
- Updated 'Moonlight' named best picture by L.A. Film Critics
- Updated Trump warns Wall Street: I'm going to cut drug prices
- Updated Michelle Obama: I went to bed before Trump won
- Updated India's central bank says cash crisis is hurting the economy