NEW BERN - A Columbus County man will spend almost five years in federal prison on convictions of drug and weapons charges.
Jason Antwan Williams, 26, was sentenced in federal court in New Bern last week. He pleaded guilty to possession with intent to distribute marijuana and cocaine, felon in possession of a firearm, and possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number.
Officers with the Cary Police Department arrested Williams on April 5, 2012. His prison sentence will be followed by three years of supervised release.
- Updated 'Pizzagate' shooting suspect pleads guilty
- Updated NFL seeking Thursday Night Football livestream partner
- Updated Extra security added to several Onslow County schools after alleged threat posted to social media
- Updated Investors yank $8.9 billion from US stocks
- Missing Tennessee student: School chief appeals for girl's safe return