A Pitt County man was accused of using a computer to solicit a child, and statutory rape.
David Brooks, 62, of Second Street in Ayden, was placed in jail on a $1,050,000 secured bond. He was taken into custody on Thursday.
Winterville Police charged Brooks with five counts of soliciting a child by computer. In addition, Ayden Police charged Brooks with two counts of statutory rape, one count of crimes against nature and one count of indecent liberties with a child. Additional charges were pending, investigators said.
- Updated WHO: Americas officially free from measles
- Updated The Fed under attack, but still profitable for taxpayers
- Updated Laundromat with a classroom: Charleston's outreach to underserved kids
- Updated Trooper offers to drive grieving man 100 miles after traffic stop
- Updated Tip-Off tournament moved from Puerto Rico to Florida