HUBERT, NC - Investigators say an argument between a father and a son turned violent Thursday night.
Reginald Moore, Jr. 60, is charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury. Deputies say Moore shot his son, Brandon Scott Moore, 31, of Durham, in the leg.
It happened at the Gatlin Mobile Home Park in Hubert. That's just off of Highway 24 west of Swansboro.
According to the Officer's Report, Moore, Jr. and his son were drinking alcohol and arguing most of the day. Moore, Jr. was brandishing a 357 Smith & Wesson during the time of the argument and out of anger shot his son in the leg.
Neighbor Krystle Mature was home with her 5-year-old daughter when they heard a gunshot.
"My daughter had looked out the window and seen a man with a gun standing on his porch," said Mature.
Deputies have not released a motive yet but neighbors had this to say.
"The son had come over earlier and told me that his wife left him because his father was hitting on his wife," said Mature.
Bond was set at $25,000.
- Updated Kinston Police Officers arrest man wanted for a robbery
- Updated Onslow County husband and wife arrested on drug charges
- Updated US flag, lowered after election, flies again at Hampshire College
- Updated Trump economic adviser: Romney pick for secretary of state would be 'betrayal'
- Updated At least 12 dead in Gatlinburg fires