RICHLANDS - Police arrested a man after a late night, two-vehicle wreck at the intersection of Albert Ellis Airport Road and Catherine Lake Road in Richlands.
Officials say Thomas Schneider, of Myrtle Beach, was behind the wheel of a silver, Cadillac Escalade. The 42-year-old was arrested and charged with DWI and reckless driving, according to state troopers.
Schneider's passenger, Jay Scott Voter, was airlifted to New Hanover Regional Medical Center after being ejected from the SUV, troopers said. The 50-year-old was reportedly in serious condition when emergency crews arrived on scene.
Fire crews say the other vehicle involved was a red, pickup truck belonging to Timothy Parker, of Richlands.
The 51-year-old was taken to Onslow Memorial Hospital for treatment. No word yet on the extent of his injuries.
His passenger was treated on scene for only minor injuries.
According to Onslow County Dispatchers, part of Catherine Lake Road was blocked off while crews investigated the wreck. At last check the scene was cleared by officials.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating