JACKSONVILLE - Larry Douglas Rose, 54, of Shoreline Drive, Jacksonville, is accused of assaulting three Jacksonville police officers with a firearm, by swinging the gun around in the air, and pointing it at the officers. That's according to court documents.
The alleged incident happened on Thursday at 1:10a.m. at a residence located on the 100 block of Shoreline Drive.
Douglas has been charged with assault of a law enforcement officer with a firearm, and assault by pointing a gun.
Court documents state that the officers were responding to a civilian call about random gunfire. That's when, Rose allegedly pointed a .22 Magnum, at the officers.
The bond is set $26,000. Rose is scheduled to appear before an Onslow County judge on Thursday.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Updated Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Updated Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew