GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A Greenville man is facing 40 counts of First Degree Sex Offense of a Child for alleged contact with a 10-year-old victim.
Greenville Special Victims Unit detectives first arrested Lionell Marbury, 33, on January 10, 2014, for one count of First Degree Sex Offense of a Child. Detectives said Marbury was a family acquaintance of the victim.
After conducting additional interviews and consulting with the district attorney, Marbury was charged with 39 more counts of First Degree Sex Offense of a Child from incidents happening between 2012 and 2014. Detectives say all offenses occurred with the same child.
Marbury's bond was increased from $500,00 to $1 Million Monday afternoon.
- Updated Martin Shkreli auctions punch to the face
- New Tropical Storm Matthew forms in the Caribbean could have impacts to Eastern North Carolina
- Updated 'Cat man' of Aleppo takes in hundreds of abandoned cats
- Updated Gutierrez: 'Women are watching' Donald Trump's Miss Universe issue
- End of an era: BlackBerry will stop making its own phones