GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A Greenville man is facing 40 counts of First Degree Sex Offense of a Child for alleged contact with a 10-year-old victim.
Greenville Special Victims Unit detectives first arrested Lionell Marbury, 33, on January 10, 2014, for one count of First Degree Sex Offense of a Child. Detectives said Marbury was a family acquaintance of the victim.
After conducting additional interviews and consulting with the district attorney, Marbury was charged with 39 more counts of First Degree Sex Offense of a Child from incidents happening between 2012 and 2014. Detectives say all offenses occurred with the same child.
Marbury's bond was increased from $500,00 to $1 Million Monday afternoon.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend