ONSLOW COUNTY - A man has been charged for allegedly running a red light and crashing into a Highway Patrol vehicle in Onslow County.
The wreck happened at about 12:30 a.m. Monday in front of the Highway Patrol Office on Highway 17 west of Jacksonville.
According to investigators, a trooper heading to an accident was stopped at an intersection. That was when a driver behind the wheel of a Honda Civic ran a red light and hit the front part of the trooper's vehicle (pictured above).
The trooper was taken to Onslow Memorial Hospital, but he appeared to be fine, investigators said.
The driver of the Honda Civic, 23-year-old New River Marine Cody James Holloway, has been charged with running a stoplight, according to the Highway Patrol. Halloway told investigators he fell asleep.
Halloway was taken to a hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
- Michelle Obama fires up North Carolina crowd for Hillary Clinton
- Updated Kids get swine flu from pigs at state fairs, CDC reports
- Updated Wildlife sanctuary searches for owl lost duirng Hurricane Matthew
- Updated Dems can't get enough of FLOTUS -- and Clinton knows it
- Updated Haley 'not a fan' but will vote for Trump