GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - John Damon Scalise, 43, was charged with obtaining a controlled substance by prescription misrepresentation, according to Pitt County Officials.
Officials say during the month of July they received information that Scalise was obtaining narcotics from two separate healthcare professionals and it did not appear Scalise had coordinated his care.
In a news release sent out by the sheriff's office, the agency describes it as, "doctor shopping."
After an investigation was launched, authorities used their evidence to charge Scalise.
Scalise turned himself into authorities on August 5, 2014.
He received a $3,000.00 unsecured bond.
The Sheriff's office began looking into the case in July 2014.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo