GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - John Damon Scalise, 43, was charged with obtaining a controlled substance by prescription misrepresentation, according to Pitt County Officials.
Officials say during the month of July they received information that Scalise was obtaining narcotics from two separate healthcare professionals and it did not appear Scalise had coordinated his care.
In a news release sent out by the sheriff's office, the agency describes it as, "doctor shopping."
After an investigation was launched, authorities used their evidence to charge Scalise.
Scalise turned himself into authorities on August 5, 2014.
He received a $3,000.00 unsecured bond.
The Sheriff's office began looking into the case in July 2014.
- Updated 'Pizzagate' shooting suspect pleads guilty
- Updated NFL seeking Thursday Night Football livestream partner
- Updated Extra security added to several Onslow County schools after alleged threat posted to social media
- Updated Investors yank $8.9 billion from US stocks
- Missing Tennessee student: School chief appeals for girl's safe return