WINTERVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A Winterville man suffered minor burns in a house fire Saturday night.
Fire crews were called to the 2600 block of Garland Road just before 6 p.m.
Crews arrived to find smoke and flames coming from the home.
The blaze started as a cooking fire, a fire official said.
Most of the family members were not home at the time of the fire; the father, in his 30s, was home and was cooking, a fire official said.
That man suffered minor burns to one of his hands, the fire official said.
There were no other reported injuries.
The damage to the home has displaced the family, which is now getting help from the Red Cross.
- Updated Defenseless internet 'paying the price' for ignoring security
- Updated Trump: I'd 'love' to fight Biden
- Updated Trump campaign manager: We are vetting people for Trump's cabinet
- Updated Posting ballot selfies: Personal choice or illegal act?
- Trayvon Martin unmentioned as Trump talks of blacks getting shot in the city he died in