A woman is charged with assaulting a man with a knife in Halifax County.
Deputy W.C. Murphy responded to an assault call around 2 a.m. on Tuesday. He was sent to 13732 Hwy. 481 in Enfield. He arrived to find 65-year-old Lester Shields III with several lacerations to his face, chest, and arms. He said 20-year-old Deidra Anderton had cut him. He said she was a friend of the family and came there to use the phone. After using it, she wanted to stay, and he told her no. He says she then started cutting him with a knife.
He was transported to Halifax Regional Medical Center, where he was treated and released. The injuries were not life threatening.
Anderton was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury. She was placed in the Halifax County Jail with a $4,500 bond. She has a court date of December 7th.
- Updated Orlando hospitals won't bill survivors of Pulse nightclub shooting
- Updated 12 killed in Kabul university attack
- Heroin laced with elephant tranquilizer hits the streets
- Clinton blasts Trump attacks on foundation
- New waterfront park and boat access is symbol of recovery, dedication planned Saturday