ONSLOW COUNTY - A man was arrested for allegedly fondling a child in Onslow County.
Shawndrick Travell Alford, 23, allegedly fondled the child while the victim's mother was at work. The mother reported the incident to Onslow County deputies on April 1, investigators said.
Alford left Onslow County after the crime, but was arrested on July 1 in Harnett County, deputies said.
The suspect has been charged with statutory sexual offense by an adult, indecent liberties with a child, and contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile. He was jailed under a $101,000 secured bond.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend