ONSLOW COUNTY - A man was arrested for allegedly fondling a child in Onslow County.
Shawndrick Travell Alford, 23, allegedly fondled the child while the victim's mother was at work. The mother reported the incident to Onslow County deputies on April 1, investigators said.
Alford left Onslow County after the crime, but was arrested on July 1 in Harnett County, deputies said.
The suspect has been charged with statutory sexual offense by an adult, indecent liberties with a child, and contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile. He was jailed under a $101,000 secured bond.
- Updated North Korean ministries plotted Kim's death, spies say
- Updated NAACP to hold news conferences announcing boycott
- Updated Bergdahl lawyers will ask U.S. Army court to dismiss case
- Trayvon Martin's death five years later
- NC Emergency Management Reps in Snow Hill to help with recovery applications