GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A man wanted for a string of burglaries in California was arrested in Greenville, where he was also considered a suspect in a series of car break-ins, investigators said.
Detectives with the Greenville Police Department arrested Jose Navarro, 24, Tuesday afternoon.
Navarro was charged with nine counts of felony breaking and entering of a motor vehicle, nine counts of larceny after breaking and entering, and one count of tampering with a vehicle.
Police said most of the break-ins occurred in business parking lots on Monday. In every case, the suspect smashed through a car window, according to investigators.
Some of the stolen items included wallets, electronics, a skateboard and a guitar, said police.
Navarro is a probation absconder from Los Angeles, police said. He is being held in the Pitt County Detention Center, but will be extradited back to California.
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Chocowinity soldier killed in action to be honored in NASCAR race
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race