TYRELL COUNTY - A Dare County man faces several charges after he allegedly led law enforcement on a chase.
Officials say officers with the Nags Head Police department tried to stop the vehicle that John A. Purcell, 22 of Cary, was driving.
Tyrell County deputies say they picked up the pursuit when Purcell's car crossed the county line. They stopped him on U.S. 64 west of Columbia.
Officials arrested Purcell. He's charged with DWI, felony fleeing to elude arrest, failure to stop for a blue light and siren, reckless driving to endanger, and speeding.
- Updated Big reward offered in local breaking and entering case
- Updated Scientists discover coin-sized night frogs in India
- Updated SpaceX aborts space station docking
- New Doctor says coyote followed him into work
- Divisive rhetoric from leaders like Trump, Duterte threatens human rights, Amnesty says