TYRELL COUNTY - A Dare County man faces several charges after he allegedly led law enforcement on a chase.
Officials say officers with the Nags Head Police department tried to stop the vehicle that John A. Purcell, 22 of Cary, was driving.
Tyrell County deputies say they picked up the pursuit when Purcell's car crossed the county line. They stopped him on U.S. 64 west of Columbia.
Officials arrested Purcell. He's charged with DWI, felony fleeing to elude arrest, failure to stop for a blue light and siren, reckless driving to endanger, and speeding.
- New Eyewitness claims woman threw kittens from moving car
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn