WAYNE COUNTY - 24-year-old Quinton Swinson was arrested Thursday after being wanted for more than a month on murder charges, Goldsboro Police said.
Swinson is accused of killing 18-year-old Jairus Saunders at Teaser's Night Club in the 400 block of Mercer Street in Goldsboro. Saunders was found dead of an apparent gunshot wound Sept. 30.
Around 4:10 p.m. Thursday, Swinson was taken into custody without incident by the Goldsboro Police Dept. S.E.U. team and the Wayne County Sheriff's Dept. SWAT TEAM at a Mt. Olive home in the 200 block of Dogwood Drive, police said.
Swinson's been charged with one open count of Murder. He was also wanted on 11 other charges at the time of his arrest.
Swinson is being held under no bond in Wayne County. His first court appearance is scheduled for Monday.
- Updated Apple criticizes Trump over reversal of transgender bathroom guidelines
- Updated 'What's the capital of Canada?' and other weird job interview questions
- Updated SpaceX docks with space station on second try
- Updated NASA satellite photos show effects of California rain
- Updated Cheesemaker Sargento expands listeria recall, cuts supplier