FAYETTEVILLE, CUMBERLAND COUNTY - A man has been arrested in the kidnapping and shooting death of a Rockingham man.
Police say 20-year-old Kourtney Terrell Reed fell through the ceiling of a house in Robeson County that officers were searching Wednesday and was taken into custody.
Police Chief Harold Medlock says members of the U.S. Marshals Violent Fugitive Task Force were searching the house in St. Pauls when Reed was captured.
Reed is one of two suspects in the Sept. 1 death of 27-year-old Errol Williams. Reed is charged with first-degree murder, kidnapping and armed robbery.
Officers are still looking for 31-year-old Eugene Elliott.
Police say Williams had stopped at a Fayetteville gas station when he was forced to drive the suspects to another location. Williams was shot as he tried to escape.
- Updated Southwest pilots reach tentative deal with airline after 4 years of talks
- Updated NC DOT's Ferry Division prepares for tropical system
- Updated Tropical storm warning, small craft advisory issued for Carteret County
- Updated Hershey crashes 11% after chocolate merger talks end
- Updated Chicago, aka 'Chi-raq' likely to top 2015 in number of shootings