CARTERET COUNTY - Deputies arrest an Eastern North Carolina man for the alleged sexual assaults of two girls between 2009 and 2011. Deputies say the girls are both under the age of 15.
Carteret County Deputies arrested Larry Eugene Swiger, 31, on Wednesday. Swiger lives in the Big Ridge Mobile Home Park on Howard Road in Newport.
Swiger is charged with one count of First Degree Sex Offense on a Child under the
age of 13, two counts of Statutory Sex Offense with a child under the age of 15, and five counts of Statutory Rape on a child under the age of 15. Deputies say the charges stem from sex assaults on the girls between 2009 and 2011. Deputies say both girls knew Swiger.
Swiger is in the Carteret County Jail under a $1 Million bond and is scheduled for his first court appearance on Thursday, August 16th.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County