GRANTSBORO, PAMLICO COUNTY - A teenage girl's summer romance was broken up when her mother contacted authorities to have the adult boyfriend arrested.
The 17-year-old girl moved into the home of her boyfriend, 22-year-old Mark Allen Nobles Jr., in early July, according to the teen's mother. That home is located on Highway 55 in Grantsboro.
The mother, who lives in the Vandemere area, told authorities there was a lot of partying and drinking happening at Nobles' home. She also told investigators her daughter refused to return home.
Nobles was arrested over the weekend on a charge of contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile, according to court records. He has since been released on bond.
A court official ordered Nobles to stay away from his teen girlfriend. A call to Nobles' listed phone number was not answered.
- Updated Long commute could hurt your health, add to your waistline
- Updated Italy earthquake: At least 2 killed, buildings collapse
- Can Tokyo avoid the curse of the Olympics?
- Trump: 'There could certainly be a softening' on immigration stance
- After gay couple's home is vandalized, a community rallies