NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - Police have arrested a New Bern man after a week-long investigation into an alleged robbery revealed that the man made up the story.
Corey Hyman, 34 of the 200 block of Jones Street, was arrested last night. New Bern police olice say Hyman made a report on September 7 that four black men jumped and robbed him. Hyman told police it happened as he was walking the footpath at the rear of the History Center on Tryon Palace Drive at 5:30 a.m.
The police investigation revealed that Hyman was actually involved in an altercation on Suttons Alley, near Broad Street, involving four black males. His supposedly stolen phone was actually lost during the assault.
Hyman was arrested on Wednesday, September 18 and charged with affray and filing a false police report. He was taken to the Craven County Jail where he received a $2,500 bond. Further charges are pending in this case.
- Updated Trump's path to 270 runs through ... Maine?
- Updated WikiLeaks-released memo outlines Bill Clinton's lucrative speeches
- Updated Hillary Clinton to hold election night party under real glass ceiling
- Tequila, dance parties and Adele: Hillary Clinton finally lets loose
- Dems sue GOP over Trump's 'rigged' complaints