GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A Greenville man is arrested and charged for allegedly raping a child.
Officials at the Pitt County Detention Center confirm, Edmundo Gonzalez-Cinta was arrested Sunday.
There were no other details available to protect the victim in this case.
Gonzalez-Cinta was placed in jail under a $500,000 bond.
According to jail records, the suspect faces a first degree child rape charge.
- Updated Before his coma he spoke English; after waking up he's fluent in Spanish
- Updated Auburn to honor Barkley with statue
- Pope opens private summer residence to visitors
- Governor tours Princeville, visits Rocky Mount Disaster Recovery Center
- Former President Bill Clinton taking bus tour through Greenville