NEWPORT - A man is in the Carteret County Jail under a $250,000 bond for allegedly raping a teenager.
Marcel Jenkins, 20, of Newport, was arrested on Wednesday, Dec. 12. Deputies said Jenkins allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl that he knew. Investigators were not releasing any more information on the case.
Jenkins was charged with one count of statutory rape. He made his first appearance in court Thursday, Dec. 13.
- Updated Trump's special guests for congressional speech hint at a focus on immigration
- Updated Muhammad Ali's son says he was detained at airport because he's Muslim
- Updated Don't expect this Asian tech giant to do a high-profile meeting with Trump
- Updated Deputy al Qaeda leader killed In Syria
- Updated India's economy shrugs off cash crisis to post 7% growth