A Beaufort County man was arrested for allegedly making moonshine.
Investigators said they found moonshine and a still, used for making the illegal liquor, in the attic of Curtis Jett's barn in Pinetown. According to Jetts, authorities took about 25 bottles of the moonshine.
Jett worked as the water system manager for the county, before retiring in September. He was facing misdemeanor charges of manufacturing moonshine. He was scheduled to be in court on Feb. 19th.
- Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health