A Beaufort County man was arrested for allegedly making moonshine.
Investigators said they found moonshine and a still, used for making the illegal liquor, in the attic of Curtis Jett's barn in Pinetown. According to Jetts, authorities took about 25 bottles of the moonshine.
Jett worked as the water system manager for the county, before retiring in September. He was facing misdemeanor charges of manufacturing moonshine. He was scheduled to be in court on Feb. 19th.
- Updated Ryan Lochte to endorse crime prevention device
- New Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Updated Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results
- Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens