KINSTON - A former Kinston basketball and football athlete, accused of driving the getaway vehicle in a Johnston County mother-son shooting, is facing additional charges following a breaking and entering in Lenoir County.
Police said 22-year-old Mister Premier Height drove the vehicle used in a breaking and entering at a Kinston home Thursday. Police said that a female neighbor noticed an unidentified 2004 Silver Impala, driven by Height in the driveway. Police said after the woman called 9-1-1 she was confronted by an unidentified man and was grabbed and thrown to the ground during their contact in the front yard. The victim recalled the license plate number and contacted authorities. Height was later arrested at his home.
23-year-old Caro Autuan Hawkins and 17-year-old Jamarkus Cain Witherspoon were also taken into custody in connection with the crime. Witherspoon faces additional charges as police found he was involved in at least two other residential break-ins.
Height, Hawkins, and Witherspoon are all in the Lenoir County Jail, each facing several charges. Their bonds range from $105,000-$310,000.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County