CRAVEN COUNTY - Deputies in Pitt County say they have in custody the man wanted in connection with a stolen SUV, a high-speed chase and a crash involving a house.
Joshua Jasper Best, 22, was arrested following a manhunt after investigators said he took off after crashing a stolen white Isuzu Rodeo into a home along Highway 43 early Tuesday morning.
The New Bern man was believed to have stolen the SUV in Craven County. That vehicle was spotting in Pitt County heading south along Hwy 43. During the ensuing chase, deputies said Best crashed into a home near the intersetion of Hwy 102. After the crash, deputies said Best took off into a nearby wooded area.
He was taken into custody around 2 p.m. Tuesday after a joint effort invloving deputies from both counties, and he now faces charges of eluding arrest in addition to theft of vehicle. He is being held on a $105,000 bond.
Deputies said the SUV was reported stolen last week.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend